Tuesday, November 30, 2010

tick, tick, tick

A lesson in anatomy:

Adenoma
Hepatic adenomas are benign solid neoplasms of the liver. They are most commonly seen in young woman, and are typically solitary, although multiple adenomas also can occur. Prior or current use of estrogen (oral contraceptives) is a clear risk factor for development of a liver adenoma, although they can occur even in the absence of oral contraceptive use. Hepatic adenomas carry a significant risk of spontaneous rupture with intraperitoneal bleeding. Further, there is a risk of malignant transformation to a well-differentiated HCC. Therefore, it is usually recommended that a hepatic adenoma be surgically removed.

Okay, so I found out that I am totally a control freak. I hate the fact that there isn't anything I can do about this. I have multiple adenoma's on my liver, why you say. I took hormone therapy to stop being so incredibly bitchy, and of course I also was on oral contraceptives for a few years. Maybe. I should have been the bitch supreme, hmm I just might still qualify for that.

Trying to find out if there was something that could help either reduced the size of the adenoma's or get rid of them totally didn't really work out in my favor. It seems that there really isn't anything that I can do. I asked about diets, chemo (not really a cancer) basically told no, not really. We'll have to wait and watch them on a regular basis (tick, tick, tick). I really do feel right now like ticking tomb bomb. I know that they can erupt spontaneously. This is not the area of my life that i want spontaneousness. I want normal everyday routine and liver functions, that's not asking for too much is it?

1 comment:

Catootes said...

Fuck 'em!

No timebomb. Just annoyances.